What an avalanche of matters upon my return to Singapore!
First, the house.
My housemate moved out a couple of days ago over the weekend. To be entirely honest, I'm quite used to this moving-in-and-out and now regards it merely as part and parcel of renting. I'm just thankful (thank God!) that the lady who bought the place intended to rent it out and is willing to rent out at the same rate. Hence, I'm probably staying. Just gotta find someone to take the place. Emil? lol.. he finds it a little expensive and I can understand that. After all, he's gone back into studying, and money can't be great when you're doing a program. We'll see how it goes.
Second, the work.
If you think a long vacation would have freshen me up like a wild rose in the fields for at least till Christmas comes, you're wrong. Whatever high energy I had with me upon returning to work has all been spent! All in the last week! As shocking and flattering it may be, I returned to find myself in a difficult spot. Having to work in a short-handed team, plus onboarding, training and setting up four new clients. Three overseas, one singapore. It's nice to have new clients, but the challenge can turn shitty. They can be highly predictable and absolutely no customer loyalty in the beginning. Any mistake you make, you are really screwed. Saying this, I have a conference meeting with one of the client this evening at 5pm. Talking to a whole group of smart, demanding, profit-minded traders who probably expects all to work smoothly without a hiccup. I'm gonna love this day.
Third, the music.
Mozart, mozart, mozart. We're doing an opera Bastien and Bastienne by Mozart in early October. It'll be at Singapore Arts Museum (SAM). I'll be playing the piano for the entire program and at the moment, require much more rehearsal. The stuff I'm playing is a condensed version of the orchestral accompaniment, and I must admit that there is some difficulty reading. Already better than the first rehearsal but oh have to practice!!
Back to work. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment