Thursday, November 22, 2007

Rest in peace, Pierre

My friend Pierre just passed away. I learnt about it on Mon midnight and couldn't really sleep. To be truthful, I wasn't very closed to Pierre, though we were friends in University. Same dorm, same production and we've had our talks and laughter. I must say I didn't know him very well, but his passing made me recognise that I really did admire and respect his love for theatre and his work. There was really something about it... like a glow. I guess this is what they call "passion". Something I find lacking in myself at times, and am confused about.

The last time I ever really talked to Pierre was when we went out shopping for a flute for his sister. We went to this shop at jalan jurong kechil, he had a model in mind, i played it and found it alright and he bought it. He really loved his sister.

I am sad he's gone. It makes me feel vulnerable realising that anyone and anything perishes anytime. As as Kerr told me that night, we should always enjoy life at the moment cos we do not know what will happen tomorrow. I hope I remember what he said and not take anybody for granted. If there's anything I've learnt from Kerr is.. he's taught me not to lose my cool or to get upset too easily about things. Or maybe I've just grown up a little more.

Pierre, how is heaven like?

No comments: