Saturday, August 09, 2008

Things that matter (for hui & qy who don't have facebook)

So, I was in a rough patch for 2008 (if you have read my previous notes). And I guess I had enough of how depressing things were. Yeap. You know, you reach a point where you had had it, and you wanna discard the harmful stuff.. think of it as detoxing. Throw, trash it, whatever you call it.

Hence, hmm quite a couple of things I detoxed myself from. Moving house, changing guild, turning a blind eye to political people. Already, it feels good. I forgot I was capable of walking away. Now I remember. Working has made me weaker in the past three years, but now it has turned around to make me stronger than ever.

Call it a blessing in disguise. I'm glad I had that lesson in life... that teaches you to differentiate friends from colleagues, friends from backstabbers. Money can't even buy you that sort of education! It can't! And if you know me well (that would take years normally), I'm the sort who never looks back after walking out. Not even a glance. People who are expecting me to even turn my head back, you can forget it. I've already left you behind.

Hence, if i were to summarise the lesson, it would be this:
1. There is no point loving or struggling with people who are not important.
2. True friends matter more than temporal fair-weather counterparts.
3. If people are being unreasonable, just walk away. You walk away, you win. You stay and justify, you lose. Walk away, and leave them in their own fury, in their own complacency.
4. Instead of waiting for the dream opportunity to swing by, muster your courage and take a step closer towards it. Do not be afraid. Do not let people or their words stop you from walking.
6. Good triumphs over evil.




I told hui a week back that 2008 suxx and i can't wait for it to be over. It still sucks (who say it doesn't?) - there are still things I wanna work on such as work, finances, music, etc but I'm beginning to get a hold of managing real life, slowly but surely. Special thanks to my family (who still drives me up the wall often), my gfs, ee-leen, fiona, upbeaties, kerr who made me appreciate the important and let-go the unnecessary.

To the things that matter, cheers.

No comments: