Thursday, May 06, 2010

Hold that tongue

Is it better to act less aggressive and maybe mildy blur sometimes in front of CLIENT-friends? (not real life friends, but client-friends if you know what I mean.) You know, be a little more docile, easy-going and agreeable. You think? This applies to parents of students whom I teach too.

At times, I feel that as the gentler gender (or actually, as an essential ingredient in customer service), it's perhaps "better" to do that... in the sense, to avoid any friction or tension... but honestly, I feel so stupid doing this. Cos obviously I know I'm holding back my thoughts/opinions/comments on purpose.

I hate it but I could do with less confrontations in life.

NO actually, I like to fight for what I believe in. Heck yea. But sometimes I just care too much. And my heart gives way to feeling bad about agonizing others. It's really stupid I tell you. Gawd, I can't stand myself. Freaking annoyed with myself, really.

So anyway, I guess I'll be holding back my tongue at clients/parents/colleagues for now. Sucks, but just do it anyhow. Nobody needs the extra stress that comes with tension or awkwardness. Right?

Argh. Whatever!

No comments: