(I posted this on Facebook last night when I could not sleep. And btw, I really didn't sleep. Just thought I'll keep a copy of it here, since this is close to heart.)
I know I should be sleeping now but somehow my mind's wide awake. It's been a fabulous week. The entire year has been rather intense. And now the time has finally come for me to pause, stop and take a deep breath. Go out, sleep late, be happy without feeling guilty. Time doesn't hold me prison now. At least until next year.
How strange it's almost 2011. Seems only yesterday that we entered the millennium with some fanfare predictions of Armageddon. I'm not even sure how these ten years went by. Perhaps because the joys and pains kept up their distractions. Have they? Or have I just rushed through the decade, a little lost? I've always wanted this crossroad to come. I wanted to prove to myself. A lot of things. And now that I've arrived, it just feels funny. And good.
Nevermind if I'm an idiot. Nevermind if I'm clueless. I'm here. Now. Willing to leave my pride at the door.
Shared this song long time ago on Facebook. But loving it again tonight.
Here's to all our longings and sentimental feelings.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDpfTumx60&NR=1
I'm sentimental
So I walk in the rain
I've got some habits
Even I can't explain
Go to the corner
I end up in Spain
Why try to change me now
I sit and daydream
I've got daydreams galore
Cigarette ashes
There they go on the floor
Go away weekends
Leave my keys in the door
Why try to change me now
Why can't I be more conventional
People talk
People stare
So I try
But they can't be
Cos I can't see
My strange little world
Just go passing me by
So let people wonder
Let them laugh
Let them frown
You know I'll love you
Till the moon's upside down
Don't you remember
I was always your clown
Why try to change me now

Happy birthday dearest hui!
No comments:
Post a Comment