Monday, April 30, 2007

Was sick but now OK

Continuing my previous post. I WAS very sick for almost a week. High fever (~39.9) for 5 days and multiple visits to the clinics. My parents took me to SGH A&E cos the fever refused to go down even with all the meds. But all that's over.. no conclusion. It was some internal infection which they couldn't identify where. What a waste of all the blood they took (FROM MY HAND, not my ELBOW!), x-rays and what shit.

But while I was feeling absolutely like shit in bed, I thought about people who were really sick. I meant, people who have cancer and serious terminal illnesses. You might think I'm crazy, but when you are really sick and the doctor cannot explain why, you have those doubts about when you'll feel well again.. u know, feel like normal again. And the sad thing is, people who are really seriously ill.. they have no idea and cannot foresee the day they can actually feel like how they used to be.. you know, well and normal.. and it takes a hell lot of courage and strength to get by each day with the meds, treatment and the pain. Don't you think so?


And with those thoughts, all my troubles in life appeared a lot smaller.

No comments: