you realise how much you depend on it actually.
Applying the same concept, perhaps one day if God wasn't around, I would realise how much I depended on his strength, his love, his guidance. I'm a really complacent girl. Which is probably why at a young age, I have my school teachers, piano tutors, parents always nagging at me not to be complacent. Am I aware? Yes! Still, I lapse occasionally into the 'all-is-great-wow-i-did-it'. Technically nothing too wrong about that... EXCEPT the "i" part. I think you know what I'm driving at.
Anyway, the reason I even started writing today (truth is, I've wanted to write since 2 days ago) is because there is a real electricity crisis at home. Right now, I have electricity (apparently since my PC is alive, and my modem isn't on holiday) but the next moment, I very well not have electricity. Something is crackling (or possibly burning) in the main box, and I've gotta come home from work by noon for the technician to check(and rushing back to work after that).
While my computer is alive, I have Karen Carpenters singing the most beautiful carols I'll ever hear, my little nostalgic heart... and me, imagining the future, pining for happy times, hopeful for what is yet to be. Ha ha. You know? I once read "we live in troubled times".. and I thought to myself "how true!". Fortunate as we may be, safe away from ruthless earthquakes and unforgiving floods, we're no less caught in a vicious hurricane of fear and greed. Yes, fear and greed. How can I get out of this? How? It troubles me. Which is why I live this this little world where people are truthful and happy.
Enough of self-indulgence. Happy birthday my dearest hon belle belle! I love you so much!
May all of us be happy, as much as we can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment