I used this picture a long time ago.. was it in 2006 or 2007? Using it today again because it simply agrees with what I feel. What are you talking about, paul? Well...there is so much I could say.. but to sum it up, 2008 is like acne. It has been unpleasant, bumpy, annoying, painful and leaving scars in my life. That sounds serious, doesn't it?
Anyway, enough of those depressing talk. Let me talk about a friend. This friend.. is somewhere quite far from Singapore. I call him M. Actually I might be taking the liberty to call him a 'friend' since it was purely by course of work that I had the opportunity to speak to him online, and eventually met him face to face on travel. But somehow each time when we spoke online, it just feels like he's my long lost friend. I won't say a "very good friend", but just a friend.. as though I knew him from way back. There's just this certain frequency .. or is it called chemistry between us. Perhaps its just me who feels this way bah. But one thing for sure, I don't feel this way about people so often.. only to a few. Very few in fact. Hence, I hate to admit it but I secretly feel delighted. I do. Am I crazy?
Anyway, M has a blog but its tough for me to read. Somehow managed to figure some of it out... its kinda poetic and poignant. A lot of it sounds pretty sad. Yeah. Sad. Still, I feel comforted. Because there is someone real out there who bears similar sentiments .. a similar kind of sadness within a troubled heart even on a normal work day. I like how the night makes him so contemplative. I like how a simple song drives his suppressed feelings and realisations out of their corners. Because I feel the same way too at many times. Know what I mean?
I guess I wish him all the best.. because a simple and kind-hearted fellow like him will need lots of luck and love. Yeap. We all need to find our way out of life's sticky traps. I think you'll agree with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment