Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
my Saviour and my God.
- Psalm 42:11

Dear Lord,
Search deep within my heart. Read my thoughts. Examine my desires. You know about me more than I can ever understand myself. The weather outside today mirrors my feelings - cold, windy, rainy. What do I seek, Father? How can I be strong, Father? In what do I hope?

I feel lost. I am discouraged. I am heartbroken.

But Lord, you are full of goodness and mercy. If it be Your will, grant me strength, wisdom, focus and a heart of love & compassion. Make me a light-bearer in this world. Lead me down the path you have carved out. Direct me in my life missions and projects.

Like the Psalmist who CHOOSES to put his hope in You..... Lord, may I also choose and believe in You for all that I need, hope, and want. And believe that Lord you will bless and provide me with the necessary people, the partner, the opportunities, the events. Use me to bring joy and comfort to the people around me.

Lord, take away this pain and fear.

In Jesus' name I ask,
your child who's ever so afraid, P.

No comments: