Monday, January 31, 2005

Back

Hey there,

How have you been? Boy, its been a really long time since i updated my blog. Well, i've returned from my hiatus. Hang on, please allow me to play Chan Chan first. There you go, cuban music sounds good anytime, anywhere. It's so passionate at the simple level, allowing all to appreciate it.

I've been unable to blog for the past two months or so. I know, you must be thinking "huh, what?". Call it some sort of expression disability that took over my fingers. Words and feelings were about to burst through my brains, but each time when I tried to write, I couldn't. Simply couldn't. Even started to give myself plenty of excuses, ranging from didn't-know-what-to-say, to the tsnumai tragedy, christmas-new-year-busy-week..etc. You name it, i've thought of it. December and January felt busy. A lot of things seemed to have happened. Both major and minor stuff.

But enough of that, for its over. I'm 24! I can imagine the slight gulp having to fill up forms with "Age:__". Damn, I remember thinking people were old when they told me they were 24. Everyone gets a turn, huh. Life isn't fair, but really fair when it comes to this factor. Honestly, I'm happy lah. To be still able to explore this world in good health, and grow together with my girlfriends. That is already a lot, isn't it?

I welcomed 2005 with much eagerness.. it marked somewhat an invisible boundary between a dreaded year and a hopeful one. Tell you more about my aspirations and resolutions for 2005 in my next blog. All in all, boy, I think I have changed quite a bit over the half year. I found myself holding back my temper a lot better, and learning to letting go more. I've learnt not to let little things bother or irritate me, and each time I did, I felt good. It's a kind of strange feeling, as though I was stepping out of my body to look at myself.. in wonder. Guess they call it "growing up", yes?


It's 1.17am. Will be back with more to share in no time.
Luv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm 25 going on 26, you make me feel old :)

I'm going to steal your phrase "expression disability" to explain what's going on with my thesis, but I'm not sure my advisor will buy it.

Take care.

Elisabeth