Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Letter

To a dear friend,

When I saw you crying at the playground last night, I didn't know what to say. I prayed silently in my heart for God to deliver the right words to my mouth which will comfort you. Life is just so nasty sometimes, and yeah sure, we feel played out all the time by this thing called Fate or whatever. Wait, let me rephrase that - Life is cruel!! But you know what? God is faithful. I'm not saying that Christians will get a better deal out of life just because they are Christians. But we draw our courage, strength and love from Him who will provide enough for you, Him who will sustain you in every trial, Him who has never and will never forsake you.

Then why all the heartache, you ask? Why does God allow such occurences which seemingly so divine, to break your resolution time and time again? Why is he there at the right times and say the right hellos and smses when he's not meant to be the person.

The truth is.. I don't know. God has a purpose but I cannot understand. My mind is simple, I am like you.. a mere baby who doesn't know a shit about things, who only wants the toy so bad and will kick up a huge fuss if I don't get it.. But He is a God who loves us like a father. He is the one who will have to do the evil job of snatching the toy from us before we choke on it, he is the one who will have to say "no" to our whims and rants. And He is the one who will hug and comfort us when we are sad though we do not understsand His loving intentions. Perhaps, sometimes, heartache is a lesson.. like i said, to force ourselves to be completely honest with ourselves, to realise our fragility...to realise how much we really need Him.

I hope you look dazzling tonight, not to spite him, but for yourself. I will pray for you, but all is up to God. And I think you're a hidden treasure just waiting to be discovered. :)

P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear friend of P,

I have gone through similar heartache and questions before, and up till now i have no answers. My guesses are that such acquaintances tell us that 1)it is possible to feel this way, 2)fairy tales do not happen to everyone, and we probably belong to the group who needs to work harder for our happiness, for better or for worse. Life just goes on...and hopefully better things will come in your way. :)

-q