Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I am HAPPY!

Yesterday was a good day.

Please please let me just boast about a happy day! We don't get many of that these days. Ok? lol.

Alright this is what happened..
I went to work at 8am (hah!) cos I woke up slightly late. Why late? I've been having runs for the last 2 days and had to wake up in the night for the bathroom, that's why! Anyway, yeah I called a cab and got to work feeling quite fresh. Work was quite usual, with no major surprises, just the daily happenings along with it's share of light colleague scuffles and fire-fighting.

I left office at close to 4pm, and went to this eyewear shop nearby at OUB shopping centre. Got myself made a new pair of glasses with fresh supply of contact lens!! Was torn between a red frame, a brown one and a black one.. so I settled on the black one cos it was more CLASSIC. yessss. Time to get a new pair anyway, it's been 2 years since Sihui help me choose the last one. Haha.

Okok, then I went to bukit timah to meet Ruby for dinner!! Yeah, I skipped my class for that. Actually I really wanted to go for class, but she called me twice in the afternoon (knowing i have class) and asked if we could do dinner so I thought maybe she really had things she needed to tell me and wanted to see me ..so I told her that I wasn't really gonna go for class. Haha. YOu know...one of the greatest enjoyments I have nowadays is to meet up with people I trust and just hang out with them. Like, having dinner. Or having coffee. Don't even have to do anything special. Just his/her company would suffice.

We had dinner at one of the shops opposite Beauty world (yeah that line of small eateries/restaurants who solicit business crazily), and we had a nice slow stroll back to my place.. which was a 15-20mins relaxing talk-walk. I wish I could tell you all about what we talked but it was kinda personal. But to summarise, it was about the guy she used to like (that now turns out to be not so great and a bit of a lying asshole), about girls we really admire and a tiny bit about that someone great i've come to know (nono, nothing's going to happen if your thoughts are ahead). Ruby came up to my place and she said she loved it. I don't know why. The place doesn't look great at all, but I've pretty much settled in.. its a small cosy room, no fancy decorations or interior design anywhere. But the view is fantastic and I guess, for now, I am happy with it. As a renting tenant, nothing is permanent, so it's more of a 'its-nice-to-stay-here-while-i-can' feeling until my next move again.

Hung around in my room for more than an hour just listening to Daughtry (quite a nice CD she got) and just lying down chatting.. Really breaks my heart to hear some of the things she talked about, and am reminded to keep my focus on God, not on man. Yeap. You have no idea that simple idea could be such a struggle.

After Ruby left, I took a shower and then got onto my computer (AS USUAL). Had a great time on msn chats with people like Gins, QY, Jasper, and GT. Oh wait, and Small Jo. Yes. Damn almost forgot! She was the one who asked me if I met Ziyang recently. And I was like "err no". Apparently, she met yang recently at eugene-karen's wedding.. and she said he put on weight. Now now, here's the interesting bit! HAHA. She went "now I look at him, and I think he's not worthy of you". *stop* Ok people, I'm sorry, but THAT added some delight to the already-wonderful night I'm having! Maybe I'm gloating. Am I? Or maybe it's just the plain truth, and I agree with my heart! I mean.. well of course. Do we even have to discuss this? Hahaha.. just kidding. Well, anyway, she mentioned about the girl he's seeing and that "she's emaciated" with "no character".. but let's not get his girl into the picture cos she's really none of my business, and he can date any waif-looking people he enjoys. So yeah. I didn't feel a bit at all when she was talking about him and his gf.. so I guess YAY!! Actually, I already know its all over inside my heart. But you know, confirmations are harmless and utmost welcomed anytime :)

That and that, made me realise how precious and rare good people are. I'm so thankful to have 'met' him and over the few months, I've really come to respect something about this fella. I really think we have some kind of frequency connection but I don't want to read into it too much. I'm guessing a mutual kind of tension/feeling there but yeah.. for now, everything stays status quo.

Ok! So that was my happy day!

To top it all off....HAPPY BIRTHDAY QIYAN!! I <3 you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks dearie! Looking forward to a good year! Same wish for you too! ;) YAY!!! I'm happy for you! and for me too! YAY!!! -yan