Frosted window panes, candles gleaming inside, painted candy canes on the tree...
Suddenly I wish tomorrow was Christmas Eve. I've always loved the season. There's this unspoken festive mood in the air, a sense of ..completion (of a year). You know, like a year has gone by, all the goodness, all the trials that you've overcomed, and the wisdom you've earned yet again through the twelve months.
I remember Christmas eves back in Secondary school days. I always hung out with the choir people - Sihui, QY, Bell, Jianming (omg, I miss him terribly), Xiangjing, etc. There was once, we went carolling, and after that, we just sat around the area opposite Raffles City Shopping Mall... dunno doing what. And I think Jiayi went to buy alcohol (cos we were still underaged haha), and then came back to feed us with it! Such a blast. ROFL.
Then during university time, my christmas eves were either carolling + church or spent with Yang's family in KL. In a way, I sort of miss spending christmas in KL. There's something about the place I kinda like. Well, the food for sure! And of course it's great to get away from work/school in Singapore, and we could spend quality time with each other... staying at home watching tv, driving around, talking to his parents. But if you were to ask me now, the thing I really miss is the warmth of his family. They were such nice folks, and I know his parents really dotted on me lol.. ah well, .. I hope they are well and happy still. If I do go to KL ever, I will visit them.
It's the time of year, where the world falls in love, every song you hear seems to say...
Now, christmas eves are spent a lot in church and with my UpBeatees. It's just as good, and I really thank God still. Haha, talking about christmas makes me emo always.
How did I get into this Christmas topic anyway? LOL. Must be the music. I have to stop writing now, cos I feel emo already. But just to say, I feel happy, and I feel loved.

From left: Paulpaul, Mokky, Lallang in our christmas red and green t-shirts beneath St Margaret's uniform. We were 12.
No comments:
Post a Comment