Yesterday after we sang at the esplanade concourse, there was this 2 sisters - beatrice and seraphine who came up to me. Beatrice liked the percussion I did for "Under the Sea" and asked a few questions about it. Seraphine liked "I will", which I thought was truly remarkable for a girl of such young age. She wasn't even like dressed up or anything.. she was wearing a slightly oversized hello kitty print shirt and it was a little dirty lol.. and you could tell that the family was simple and down to earth. We continued talking a little and realised that their family was on the way to Taiwan to do missions. So adorable.
When we checked out of backstage and went up to the foyer (on the way to dinner @ the jap restaurant), I ran into Seraphine again. She was really so sweet. She told me how her nose hurt cos she ran into her sister, and her trips to Sentosa and the Zoo in the last couple of days. When I told her I really had to go, she jumped and hugged me. Gosh, I was so touched. I mean..I don't think I've had such a sincere hug for a long long time. It was so warm and so real.
When she hugged me, she looked up at me, smiled and said shyly "oww, you're so pretty". I was kinda shocked haha. That was totally unexpected! But yes I was very moved and very flattered.. Wish I have a daughter like that. I would be so happy lol.
This morning, I checked the web.
SERAPHINA
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English, German
Feminine form of the Late Latin name Seraphinus, derived from the biblical word seraphim which was Hebrew in origin and meant "fiery ones". The seraphim were an order of angels, described by Isaiah in the Bible as having six wings each. This name was borne by saint Seraphina, a 5th-century martyr.
Made me think that it was almost like God saying how much he loved me and how he thought i was pretty. Guess He has his ways of sending people into our lives to remind us of his gentleness and his presence. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment