Sunday, February 08, 2009

Sunflowr Rule 1 : Being honest with yourself

I guess I really snapped when I wrote the previous post. Not like snapped in flapping rage. No. Just pissed past the point where I just can't ignore it. Surely, everyday in and out, there are numerous shit things/comments/behaviour that cheese us off. Those only provide me with 20seconds of temporal annoyance, then poof I cannot be bothered with it anymore.

So I guess the only reason why I get so cheesed off (dunno if there's such a blardy word, but I'm saying it anyhow) is because a person or a thing mean something to me. For sure, I can't get angry with people who don't mean a shit to me. And I'm glad I got mad, really. Sweeping the dust under the carpet really isn't the right way to go. I mean, I was being honest, and rather often, I feel that I compromise on that self-honesty for love sake, friends sake, etc. Maybe those are little things, like having western cuisine for dinner or watching a really weird movie. I guess those don't matter. Just not the bigger or more important stuff. If you find yourself being a goody-shoe all the time, giving in, putting up with bad behaviour, tolerating insincerity... those are just bad. Cos it never works out in the end. You know it.

And forgiving a person / letting go of an issue is just as hard as being honest with oneself. I wondered - does forgiving equate to tolerating or encouraging bad behaviour? Then I realise that sometimes my heart is just hardened cos I got hurt by a shitty ex-boyfriend before, and I should not be punishing other people for historical scars. But each time, I get a clearer idea of my tolerance lines.

Anyway, anyhow, whatever - perhaps life is such. Last minute changes are inevitable and you just have to make the best out of it. People, events, circumstances can possibly screw you up, but you should never let yourself down. Agree? Friday is still a mini break for me. Really looking forward to it. Yeap.

And Khar, for gawd's sake. Stop reading my blog. You better be working your ass off on Friday or I'll be doubly pissed.

































I just like the picture. No relevance to my topic, k.

No comments: