Excuse me, are you a model?
Before you even think that's in factual a question posed to me (heaven forbid), its just a book. Most of you probably know that, and if I didn't remember wrongly, the author died in the SIA crash onroute from Indonesia to Singapore. Well, I'm not a model. I'm FAR from being a model. But hey hey, that only means I could continue to look better knowing the glass isn't full to its brim yet hehe ;)
I just asked my friend SM this - "Is there even a limit to vanity?" Is there?
Ever since I'm alone (do I really need to spell it out?), I've begun to realise the importance of taking care of myself. Taking GOOD care of myself. Gosh, did I look really bad in the past while I was hopelessly in love with my boyfriend... man, I was so damn lazy. Lazy to wear a skirt, lazy to put on that life-saving concealer, lazy to dab that little drop of moisturizer on my delicate face. Which brings me to another question - does Love make us so complacent? What the hell is Love and what has it done to us? Even as I am typing this current sentence , I'm beginning to comprehend how horrifying I have become since I was sucked into this whirlwind romance escapade, which lasted for an entire four years. Do your math. 4 x 365 days. And I stepped out of this sweet-and-bitter tornado only to realise that my hair has gone bad, my figure has gone out, my patience has worn off, my anger has gone unchecked, and my understanding has thinned out. God, what have I done and what have I been doing?
Could I have looked into the mirror while I was in that ongoing storm?
No comments:
Post a Comment