When Rebecca walked through the departure gates, I actually really felt an ounce of sadness. We were there, still singing 'I will', and she's on her way to somewhat a new beginning. Fresh changes. Fresh people.
Among the entire group, it is true that R is least close to me. Partly due to her strong independence and her carefree attitude (she appears to bear less issues than the average us). But her departure today made me realise that over the past one year, she has silently but surely become part of who I am. I laugh a little like her sometimes. We read off each others' jokes. I won't say I'm very sad, because I'm not. But something just feels amiss. Slightly. I can't seem to pinpoint to an exact cause or reason whatsoever.
But friends, or people, will come and leave. Everyday. Every year. It's dynamic. And there's nothing to be sad about. Think of it, the whole movement thing isn't bad at all. I like it. We all need shifts in our lives though we often not realise it. Agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment