Been an eventful week so far.
I wonder if people get pissed off reading about Les, Khar, Emil, Mar, Reb, Hui, JM, etc all the freaking time. Then again, you see - that's how small pauline's world is. I guess we always tend to talk about people we interact with most. Don't we? Hence...
Monday was horrible. Though I may have gotten used to insanely working hours, but waking up at 4am still sucks. Sucks. Ok enough. Then I went for a neck massage which ..well.. sucked as well. Popped over to Leslie's for our intensive-one-day-before-voice-exam rehearsal. Don't we love these? Emil came over after work and sat right next to me. I found it hard to focus with someone sitting 30cm away from me and looking at me all the time. But he came in useful with page turning. During our break, he wanted to play the Gershwin piece with me - I played the accompaniment while he sight-read the melody. Quite a genius I would say. Hmm. :) Then khar (who's still sick) swung by and drove us all to plaza for dinner. Exhausting but nice day.
Tuesday was not bad. Did you know that lack of sleep really screws you up? At 9am, I was hoping for nothing but to go home and sleep. But you know, as usual, I got through the day without aid of earl grey and yadda yadda. Was a little nervous before Leslie's exam but it all went okay. Music Essentials is having a 35% off printed music sale!! Not to be missed. I bought a french anthology book for only 14 dollars. Khar came over to join us. And of all the entire world, Fabian had to be there. Anyway, I didn't say hi. I mean, what am I supposed to say? "Hello Fabian, how are you? Sorry about quitting on you and Eu Joe back in the old days." Bleah. Emil asked if khar and I wanted to watch "Nightwatch" but I had to teach till 7pm. So in the end Emil met me after my lesson to have dinner together. It was nice to see him.. again. Cmon, sat, mon, tues. I see him more often than my housemate already! Anyway...I was really exhausted by the time he came. As usual, he could tell. Offered to carry my bag for me, the entire evening.. I was touched. You know, it wasn't really in my plan to stay out after teaching, especially not after a day of work, playing for an exam and teaching. However, i wasn't so tired after all. We had food court stuff and a nice chat after dinner too. He really wants to go abroad to do his postgraduate studies next year. Sounds soon. I suddenly felt like I'm going to miss him.. a lot. But he should, and must go pursue his dreams if that's what he wants. Then we we went home.
And he remembered to call me at 12midnight for Alias.
No comments:
Post a Comment