TGIF, my friend. How time flies. It's Friday again. How was your day? It was so eventful today. Started off kinda bumpy cos I woke up slightly late for work, and boarded the taxi only to realise I don't have office level access card and the office door key. Best. But i'm not stupid, so I figured a way to get myself onto 35th storey and knocked furiously on the main door. Office pantry auntie heard my maddog bangings and saved the day! Thank God!!
Early in the morning..and heard the shocking news that K.MG in NY has left!! I just met him a month ago in NY.. he's such a great and funny guy. Capable too. People come and go all the time in this company, especially in NY.. seriously, i'm getting numb to all these, but I still feel sad about this one. I asked my boss if I could go join, she asked me if I want to work in NY.. of which I said "well.." and then she followed to say that she can talk to ES in NY if I am keen. To be honest, I'm slightly inclined. Let's see why:
1) There is a open slot in Bank Services team in NY = opportunity to learn new stuff
2) It's a position that exposes me to interaction with top liquidity providers in the world, especially in N.America (yes I really want this actually!)
3) I'm young, single, unattached and can live and work anywhere I want
Let's see why not
1) NY isn't the best place to work in
2) I'll be all alone, without my friends, without my acappella friends =(
3) I still feel a little inexperienced to work in Bank Services
I'll pray about it and rethink it later. I would prefer London actually. For music reasons. Or should I wait for an opening there? But damn, I can't speak any european languages.
Then JH from SG came to office to visit! I felt so honoured. Cos she actually wanted to ask me out for coffee but I think I did the right thing by inviting her into the office to meet everyone instead. After all, my boss and her had so much to discuss and gossip regarding current trends, clients, people, etc. Eye-opener siah, just listening to all that info lah. The finance industry is indeed an exciting place to be learning new things, meeting new people. But it's not all that ok.. there's a lot of competition, pretense too. But JH was so nice, and I think she's so pleasant!! I told her how M.G trader scares the hell out of me everytime, and she say she's gonna tell him! HeHe. That guy.. is a monster. *laser pew pew*.
And then she asked me where I worked before coming to this company.. I laughed and said "I'm a fresh grad, and this is my first permanent job". Of which, she was shocked and said that it's a surprise considering that I have been doing all the communication, liasing and that "I'm so polished". Wow. A compliment from the Treasury VP of a bank! What pleases me more is that my boss nodded much smiling and my colleague D too.. I guess that's a real encouragement and a confirmation of my growth in the past one year. In this job, there can be really shitty and down times where I felt like just walking out. Such moments can be rewarding i guess. Yeah it is.
After JH left, I went with D to visit client @ Novena Square. Went well, and one of my better experiences. Credit goes to D who was there to handle the situation, and of course, after being in Taipei with D, I've learnt to appreciate and complement his style. I think he knows I'm trying and he's been such a great senior so far. Always so encouraging and supportive. Thank God for sending such a wonderful colleague. Must be God's plan. He was hired by boss one week before me. Planted by Him! =)
Afternoon wasn't too good though. Busy and I was a little irritated by my manager's reluctance to talk to C about next week's schedule. I guess I gotta do it myself then. Right? R called, and something bad happened in family so I left soon after to meet her. Well, managed to have facial earlier and then meet her @ my place right after. Dinner, talk, laugh. We had so much laughs discussing all our imagine-to-bes and reading some HCJC canoe guy's blog. Ok, he's this 21 year guy who'e in Med fac now and hey, don't play play! He's > 1.9m tall, not bad looking and has a REALLY CUTE sense of humour!! Laugh until my face cramp. Sibeh funny. If things well, her parents will be alright soon, she'll snare the great guy (yes, there is a fabulous christian musically talented guy involved!! whoohoo) and I might get to learn some serious piano from him too. But who is to say what will happen tomorrow?
Right?
2 comments:
Right! Do consider taking up the job, girl. Sounds like you'll grow into anything you don't know right now... and you'll be in NYC and me in London, and we can all fly around and visit each other ;)
So in a way, you'll still have London ;)
Haha..J J.. i'm not so keen actually. There are still things I want to do here :) Maybe next year if there's an opening... Seriously, London would be nice.. I could even do music part time, just imagine. Hey hope you're all settled in london and have fun .. the clubbing has started huh! Whoot!
Post a Comment