Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ich habe ein Fieber

I have no idea why I would suddenly develop such a fever. I was so cold till I was shivering in the office. Went down to sun myself (literally standing in the sun ray like a fool) 15mins and still feeling like a frozen chicken. Office thermometer says I have a 38++ temperature. Sure feels like crap. One hour since I popped two Panadol extra, feeling slightly less cold (indeed paracetemol works)... I guess we'll see how it goes. It seems really silly to see the doctor with no symptoms except fever. Like wtf do you expect the doctor to say?

"Erm Miss, you have a temperature. Probably some infection. Did it start today? Are you having flu or anything?"

"Today. No"

"Ok, go home and rest and see how. I'll give you some fever reducing tablets. And MC for today."

"Ok thank you"


So I figured it's less hassle to just take panadols from the office kit.

But it reminded me of the time I was so sick for a week, started out just like this... fever with no other symptoms. And the hospital couldn't figure out what I had. It was no fun. Ok, don't overthink. It'll probably be okay. Relax.

p.s So I changed my mind and went to see the doc. Cos the fever came back full force when the paracetemol wore off. My fever's 39 degress, which my doctor consider to be really high, and she's having me tested for dengue and h1n1... we'll see. Right now, i'm in the window of 2 hrs when the drug is partially working (hence I feel better).. really dread when it wears off... which is in about 2 hours. Sigh.

No comments: