It's Tuesday and my last day of holiday and do-nothing (a.k.a. huddled in bed under my duvet watching Big Bang Theory Season 2). Tomorrow Induction starts, and I will need to go to school formally. Wow. The though of it is really exciting and scary at the same time. After all, I have left school for 5-6 years already. How would it feel to be back in school again?
So far, my prof sounds decently nice and professional on emails and I am looking forward to meeting him. For a musician, the mentor is of most importance. We rely on our mentors for so much - direction, decisions, interpretations, strength, encouragement, inspiration. I pray that we would be a good teacher-student fit. I will see him next week or the week after probably.
It's been a comfort to skype with H, F and JM in the past few days, and it has made the transition here a lot more bearable. Flatmates are still not here, I have no idea when they're arriving but I hope soon. Then again, everyone would have different school schedule so not sure how much we will see each other too. But let's hope for the best!
Earlier this morning, I saw on a youtube video a verse from 2 Corinthians 1:9 and I took out the bible to read it. How encouraged I was!
The God of All Comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-11)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.....
..... .... ....
We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will ontinue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.
While I'm not under extreme situations such as persecutions, but I identify with the despair. And Paul's very words reminded me how important it is to trust and rely on God for strength. For surely, He will deliver us. You and me.
Funnily, 2 of my flatmates are here. Singaporean twins, doing BMus, strange (weird) guys. But they seem quite nice, but a bit nervous. Gotta go now... errands to run! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment