10.30am and I'm still at home. I'm feeling soo fortunate to be able to sleep late and take my time this morning (because there's no program in the morning!! yay. JUST FOR THIS WEEK ONLY). Woke up 9.30am, shower, change, pray, read my bible and now I'll have to do some stuff and go to school to book room for practice, return CDs to the library, etc.
I met my fellow postgrads yesterday during a sit around (imagine in a circle) with the head and deputy head of keyboard. How was it? One word. Intimidating. There are about 10-12 postgrads and EVERYONE comes from some stellar music conservatoire, has played some piano concerto with an orchestra or won some national competition. You get the picture.
What am I? Why am I even here? How can I fit in?
YB talked to me last night and reminded me of what is important, and I do thank him for his insight and encouragement. I need to remember that I'm here to learn, to play beautifully. The voice and the soul of the music can reach a person's heart without necessarily playing complicated or technically insane pieces. While I understand this, I can tell that the head of keyboard does NOT feel this way. He's really into the name/rank or fame thingy. Its not hard to. But it's okay.. I dont have to be worried about that. God has provided a way so far from application all the way to entering college, and I have to trust that He will continue to provide through the course.
I've just read Ephesians chapter 2 and 3 and here's something I would like to remember.
"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."
- Ephesians 3:17-21
Indeed He is in control of everything and will do more than what we ask or imagine, according to his purpose and time. I... just need to learn to wait and trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment