Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Looking for housemate

Okay pals,

I'm kinda upset. My housemate ym is moving out and she just broke the news to me three hours ago. She's got a gf living all alone in a condo in bukit batok cos that gf's ex-bf walked out on her.. so she's gonna move in with her. So I said, well, why not stay on, and you stay overnight with her sometimes and she could come over too? Apparently that friend hasn't been recovering well from the breakup. Well, everyone does! I broke up too, and was pretty much alone in the house (considering how often she stayed at Clement's and how often he came over). It's all too sudden man. Really shitty. I mean, we're pretty great as housemates. Not best of friends, but had this really nice mutual understanding and considerate responsibility towards the house and everything. And now, I have to once again look for someone else to live with me, in this tiny apartment. Not so easy to find, you know.

Oh well, was talking to tom on the phone for more than 2 hours. And immediately, by his amazing social circle and stroke of luck, he found two people who might be slightly interested. But nothing's seen, nothing's said, nothing's fixed. Really grateful to him. Isn't he sweet? Was supposed to go to aussie with him, but now that this has happened, I think I have to stay here and find a replacement, and also use the money for a new tv, dvd player, clothes rack, etc (yes, my housemate was the one who brought these things over, and yes, i will be tv-less when she's gone, and that's really realy bad). Sorry darling, but hope you will still go on your solo trip somewhere (without me!! *cries*). Awfully long chat, and he thinks i haven't gotten over my ex, maybe its true (I mean, I don't know!) but wtf, I was just being panicky and really wishing I had someone to run to... *sigh* Computer breakdowns and job rejects were nothing, but this house issue really shook me. Maybe because zy was the one who got this house together with me, and he was a major person who helped me to settle in and etc. Didn't help that he loved this place too. Damn. I have to stand on my own two little feet. He's not around me anymore and I can jolly well f-ing live with myself. Tom, you hear me? I might be lonely sometimes, but my heart is really "bound up and asleep". Mr nice teacher is great, and I haven't felt pampered or that genuinely flattered for a long time ...but I just can't seem to find in myself anywhere the capacity and ability to even be interested in anyone, least to say, love somebody. Just hate myself for even thinking about zy in such crazy moments. What the hell was I thinking about?

Anyway, back to the flat..

Always knew that things like moving out, moving in, housemates leaving, housemates coming were bound to happen when I rent. I mean, renting isn't forever, like what tom said. It's always tougher when it happens.

I'm just upset cos she broke the news so suddenly and she won't be staying another month longer or something (I tried asking). Just giving me the one month's notice thing. Well, i totally respect her decision, but some of the stuff she said (think she tried really hard) didn't quite go down with me. Like, how it is good to have a change after sometime, and how she'll get free parking at the condo for her new Colt, and how she will try (note: try only. I actually said she will have to find a replacement because i cannot be paying for the entire apartment. no way!) to find someone and that i should also actively search. Damn. But oh well. God, I'm really counting on you for this tricky matter at hand.

Friend, please help me to spread the message around regarding my apartment. Details provided below. If you know anyone who's looking for a place, please ask them to give me a ring to find out more and come by to take a look (no obligations at all!). For many of you who have been to my apartment, you'll know its a nice simple cosy place, the open concept type of home, and I'm the type who takes care of the house.

-----------------------------------------------------
Master Bedroom (with aircon)
3-Rm Flat
Stirling Road, Queenstown (5 mins from MRT and Anchorpoint)
Shops and Eating available downstairs
$450 per month (excluding utilities)

To view or query, please call Pauline at 9877-2852
or email at pauline.leejinyue@gmail.com
---------------------------------------------------

No comments: