Monday, June 06, 2005

Pre-sleep thoughts

Was reading qy's entry about us often squeezing into a life container, moulding ourselves into certain shapes and ideals.. interesting thought. When i was younger, a hazy uncertain future unsettles me very much. I was a planner (still is) who liked to glance at the month to see what's going on, whom i'm going out with. I enjoyed knowing I"ll be schooling at HC and university thereafter. Somehow, perhaps as life evolves, I've learnt the rather painful lesson that life snakes and twists in all ways you can never predict. It might be slithering around your feet, it could come around from your neck or could just bite you in the ass. Who knows. To be perfectly honest, I groan at such unpredictability. Where got security? Today my bf loves me, tomorrow he loves me not. Today I have my job, tomorrow I don't have my job. I came to the conclusion - I will never like this. Nope. Sucks. But too bad. When it comes, it comes. Maybe that's what poets and blah blahs preach about color of life, spontaneity of living.. yadda yadda. God knows best. So, then how? Just enjoy the show while it lasts lor! Savour the love while it burns... Laugh while the joker banters...

Whatever. It doesn't change the fact I l have to wake up at 5am tomorrow.

And to myself, while, even if I don't get to NY for training, tonight's New York New York was good enough for me. By the way, I like the Singapore version of it, by the cute SAF boys (men).

I am already waking up in a city that doesn't sleep.

No comments: