Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Changes

I hate to admit it, but working is changing me. I wish I could proclaim that I wasn't one of those friends, or even still, my ex.. those people who changed dramatically after entering the workforce. But I can feel it, its just like those drips they connect to you in the hospitals. Slowly.. slowly.. but surely.

Perhaps its not just work alone. It probably isn't. Probably a whole mixture of events and people that's directly-cum-indirectly evolving me. So much has came and past. Sometimes, the sheer thought of all that is so abstract, so blur, so undefined.

Am I still the same person?

Do you still know me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting observation. A scientist once commented that we are never the same person as we are a second ago. Cells decompose and get split every second. So do our memory, thought patterns and potential reactions. We are never, Never the same.

I used to think, the future me have little to do with the present me. And me in the past is not really me. Why should I suffer for the future me? And why did I not torture my past me for a better present me? I finally realized that there is no point in prescripting what I should do or be.

Somehow, things just happen and we just have to react to them.