Way back during varsity days when I was a happy Kent Ridge Hall hostelite, I met good old Bernard. In fact, back in the old days, I made him my successor for the chairperson position in the Choir. Ok ok, elections are all fake! What's new? Oo..Whoops. Anyway, he's one nice guy who was not only talented (percussionist in the wind symphony) but also intelligent (did some silicon valley tie-up thingy).
Running into him right after jay-walking one of the busiest streets in Central Business District at 3pm wasn't exactly the scenario I picture greeting an old friend. In fact, it took him two "Hey Pauline! Hello Pauline?!" for me to snap out of my oh-I-need-to-quickly-go-buy-lunch-and-return-to-office-to-turnover-to-london frenzy hypnosis. Bernard was standing right at this busy junction with two of his colleagues from National Kidney Dialysis (some foundation) getting people to part with their dollars for a good cause. Don't look at me. I didn't. But it was so pleasant to see a familiar face, a face from the times where we had late night rehearsals figuring out music for Beauty World musical, the times cleaning the horrible music room for the choir and all that studying and eating supper before our finals.
Seriously. Where have those times gone to?
Bernard says I've mellowed down. To which, I retorted with a high-pitced "what!" that made him take back his words instantly. Haha. But it got me thinking. Have I really grown all up and lost that youthful vibrance I once had? The spitefulness, the craziness, the spontaneity? Have I become the girl in the office who only preoccupies herself with worries of clients not trading and impending server troubles?
And so, I took a photo of myself 5 minutes ago. Here. Look.

What say you?
No comments:
Post a Comment