Monday, June 25, 2007

UpBeat vs WoW

UpBeat rehearsal was great today. I really missed them. Though I sung horribly, they never love me less. It's amazing who have friends who accept you as who you are, even when you're in terrible shit, when you're not so on form or when you succeed. They cheer you on, being proud of your strengths and weaknesses.



UpBeat and WoW just cannot go together. Both need my nights. They're already shifting one major rehearsal to Tuesday because I requested so. Honestly, I feel really bad about it. And I just was just thinking.. now that I'm kinda losing interest, maybe I will stop playing. Besides, me not playing will not affect anything in the raid cos they have more than enough players, esp mages. If I continue, I really cannot spare the time to farm enough for potions, sockets, gear, etc. Since I've made up my mind to focus a bit more on work, perhaps my life needs a bit of fine-tuning as well. When was the last time I could decide that after work I was going to sit by the river and just chill, and go have a nice cold mocha frapp @ starbucks with my book..? It's been a lot of work, rushing home to eat/quick nap then wake up for raid, then sleep and next day it all repeats again. Then again, seems like a bad time to stop playing also.

I guess I'm just not sure.

I hope I'm not just upset with myself. The fact that I logged on last night to play and didn't get to rehearse my music last night, played terribly this morning in church. It was quite terrible. I seldom find myself in such situations!! Wasn't even the problem of inadequate sight-reading, just lack of confidence and poor coordination with the worship leader. To think I've been playing music for so long, I still can find myself in such pitholes. Dunno what to say. Lesson learnt - get your music sorted out before you play games.

Tomorrow's gonna be hell at work.

No comments: