Sunday, February 13, 2005

A kind of bliss

Hello Sunday. Well, its still 10.36pm. (For a moment, its so quiet and dark in my apartment, I thought we were into Monday already). How was your day like?

I had quite a fascinating day. To summarise, I enjoyed playing piano today, and chilling out with my two girlfriends hui and mo at my flat. We watched "Coupling", this really awfully funny British comedy drama (yes, somewhat in the fashion of SATC and Friends). Had so much laughs!! Hui couldn't stop sniffing on all the nice red IKEA paper towels and laughing so hard at the same time!! And i haven't seen Mo laughed so happily for quite some time.. Oh boy! All the hilarious lines about men, women, paranoia, sex, bottoms, marriage, dating... there you have it, modern day's issues in British humour. Of course, the girls left about 7pm, and I went for a short jog. To be honest, I'm feeling absolutely pleased. I seldom could keep up with my work-out routines for long (at least for the past 4 years in University). But hey hey! Now, I'm slightly addicted to jogging. And guess what? I've kept up with it for the past 1-2 months already! Before you shout "are you crazy?", I must tell you, I used to like jogging quite a bit in the past, but I stopped in University. I guess, there are some things which you'll always like, but sometimes stop doing them, and later when you rediscover them, they're always a delight. You'll reliase how much they still mean to you.

It goes the same for Friendship I guess.

Hui must be one of the closest friends I've been blessed with. We were like pals since high school... same class from Secondary 1 till 2, and neighbours from Secondary 3 till 4 (cos she studied Chinese Literature *clap clap* while I was memorising Shakespeare next door). Sang in the same choir too, she, a soprano, and I, an alto. Man, we had a blast. We discussed biology over the phone, gossiped about our teachers and crushes, bitched about burning the school down, and hung out eating fishball noodles at JE umbrella and mr softee at 7-Elevens. It was great. But we kinda drifted apart during college days, and i think it started out cos I didn't really like her boyfriend then. Feels a little painful to recall that. Must have been terrible for her, I'm sure. Thinking back, I guess I was a terrible friend, and certainly a stubborn one too. But despite that, she's always meant a lot to me. I must say, she's been a pillar of strength in the shitty past few months. I couldn't have gotten through this rough patch without her. To be honest, if I could turn back time again, I would still allow this breakup to happen. Am I insane? No. Well, yeah sure, it was hell lot of pain and tears, but in retrospect, I have gained so much more, especially in realising and seeing this precious invaluable friend I've got with me.

Sounds mushy huh. Stupid me. You know what? I'm starting to glimpse God's plan for me - all that has happened, and etc. I mean, finally, I feel that I am actually seriously and really changing.. for the better. And through all that has happened, I'm once again reminded of the things that had always meant a lot to me. Like my girlfriends, hui, my mom, my religion. I'm really so ashamed of myself!! I mean, I have neglected all these people and these things which are close to my heart. I often forgot that ziyang wasn't the only one that makes me happy or from whom I can draw inspiration and strength from. Indeed. A rude wake-up call. But a timely one.

Really glad I'm once again chummy with my girlfriends. I realise everyone of us cares deeply for each other, and I know I can trust these people with my life. They are people, whom i can tell almost everything to. They will take my shitty times, and they will also laugh together with me in good times. You know that feeling, don't you? It's a kind of bliss. Really. There are also many of my old friends whom I've had the blessing to reunite with..like Grace, Louis, Mingli.. Life just seems really nice now, I am flooded with so much warmth and joy, that sometimes I smile to myself in the day. So many lucky stars in my sky lately! Can you help me to count please?

So, if you are reading this, just wanna say this - thanks for being a real person in my life. And if I ever ever (God forbid) ever forsake or neglect you for a guy, you hereby have the right to kick my ass really hard. Really hard, okay? But of course, I learnt my lesson well. I doubt you'll really get a chance to kick my ass. But just in case, you know what to do, don't you?

lots of love.

1 comment:

ecargnat said...

hey paul.. just to let u know.... i'm keeping a close eye on ur blog... n enjoying every minute n every little comment on it. =D heh.... nice comment abt kicking ur butt.... u know wat? if i ev neglect u gals too, u have the same permission to kick my butt.... GOD has been a great impression on my life.. n i'm glad that i can share the gist of my sunday sermons with u... n boy m i glad that u liked it... =D