God has been answering quite a few of my prayers lately, and well, yes, of course I feel happy, yet I feel so ... abundant... like in excess. Grew up learning to be contented with little, and fiercely afraid of being complacent. So when things are going so right, and my prayers are answered directly, I get a little apprehensive. Maybe its a mild type of paranoia.
I'll be playing for a recital in April! It's actually an invitation extended to me from Lionel. A gathering of musicians alike at his neighbour's place. And you guessed it. I need to practice till my fingers come off! Gosh, I've been working on my students' pieces for some time, and now I am seriously in need of polishing, especially for works of ..well, acceptable standard. Not just Grade 7 exam pieces, you know what I mean. Anyhow, this was one of the prayers I had. Had a desire to pursue playing piano again, was even thinking of going for an exam or doing a recital for family and friends at YMS, etc. Now? This recital first. Going to search for pieces this week, and hopefully get to practice at Lion's place on wednesday.
How was your week like? It's fast, isn't it? I meant time.
Wish pounds would fly off as fast as time moves. Haha. Wishful thinking.
But one thing for sure, stamina has climbed high! Did almost three kilometres on the threadmill today (extremely pleased), and wanted to do more, but people were eyeing the machine like a hawk. Hui says i can reach my target with time, and I really hope so. Even if I can't, its great to feel so fit and energetic during the day and the long hours of work. You know what? I really like to jog!!! I just love jogging like there's nothing ahead and just having endless thoughts and music flowing through my mind. Perfect for thinking, recollecting and reassuring oneself. Therapy. Why did I even stop jogging last time? But its okay. It has come around.
Looking forward to a brighter week. You too?
God bless you and keep you, my friends. You are in my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment