Thursday, February 10, 2005

Top 10 Questions (by relatives)

God morgon!

Ah, CNY day number 2. Which means nothing-to-do-at-home until yet another reunion dinner at my aunt's place at six in the evening.

Feeling good this morning! Guess why? 1) I woke up remembering to say a prayer, 2) I woke up to see encouraging Amen and a smiley face from Ah Vin (my sexy housemate who used to do 100 crunches before dinner, and put heaps of salt on fish back at Holtermansgatan). What a beautiful morning, really!

Lord, please bless that future someone and keep him safe. Please teach me to be patient and trusting, and not be like a spoilt kid who's crying cos Daddy wouldn't give him the toy he's laid his eyes on, but believe that Daddy, being wiser and loving, knows what's best for him. Lord, teach me not to have negative feelings about that-someone but continue to pray for him and others everyday. Lord, I thank you for all the blessings i've received, and all my beautiful friends who you have given to me in good and bad times. I pray for the wisdom, and the open heart to accept all that is to happen, for I know we cannot always get what we desire. I trust in your plan, I warm my cold heart in your love, and I draw my confidence and strength from your promise. Amen!!

Of course, I wanted to add the line 'Lord, if you read blogs, please leave a comment' haha but I realise he'll definitely leave special "comments" in my life through other ways. Leaving it on a blog seem too LC and too unfascinating liao, agree?

In reply to my old pal gracie's blog, I get sianz (sianz = bored, restless, fazed-out) during visiting because of all the endless questions and comments. Let me list the top 10.
1. Have you graduated?
2. What was your major?
3. Have you found a job?
4. Are you looking for a job now?
5. What kind of job are you looking for?
6. How's your boyfriend?
7. When did you change?
8. Are you still involved in music?
9. Are you still teaching music?
10. Are you still renting and living away from your parents?

You probably know my answers.

Of course, comments about fat... now, its strange. Maybe because I have not seen them for 2 years. 2 years very long meh? Though I may be damn thick-skinned and shameless, but I certainly do not think I'm actually fat. And certainly not you, gracie. No way. Cmon, see my photos!! Do I look that terrible? Damn all the Marie-France-Bodyline and Expressions ads that has brainwashed all the people. On top of that, they forgot to complement on my good fashion this year! Okay, most of them say I'm sexy on first glance, but man, that wasn't exactly the look I was going for this new year. I know the skirts are shorter, but my upper half of my legs are longer. Not sexy please! Friendly and approachable was the theme! Anyhow, perhaps I will look tall and slim again (that's their impression of me, they claim) in rags and old T-shirts as in previous years.

Okay grace! I'm gonna work on it too.. unless all my relatives can keep their mouths shut. Actually, considering the fact that I jog 2-3 times weekly and my cardiobox lessons, there isn't a need to starve isn't it? Let's go to Olio again for our 3.80 drinks! Cheers!


4 comments:

ecargnat said...

yes paul, i definitely do know all the answers to that... LOL... N, we're gonna work on it!!! we're gonna show ALL of them that we're not fat.... ok.... we'll gym, swim, jog, watever it takes... eat lesser too? or else more veggies... but not to the point of starving ourselves.... sheesh... those ppl have ALL been brainwashed... n anyway, that's the way life is....societal pressure i presume? anyway, let's ignore that n work towards a good christian lifestyle... n a healthy one too! cheers to gym, swimming, n MORE veggies in out life... n oh yes, more outings at olio too! =D

sunflowr said...

I totally agree!!! Onz pal!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline,
Happy Chinese New Year. Here ISFiT/2005 is starting tomorrow. I wish I was participating... We'll, at least I'll be hosting, so I hope some of the spirit will rub off on me too. I can't believe it's already been 2 years.
Cherio.
Elisabeth

sunflowr said...

Hey dear Eliz, I can't believe its been 2 years too. All the memories are still fresh in my mind. Do you feel the same way? I'm glad you're playing host. That way, you'll get to meet somebody. I'm sure that will be interesting. I"ll catch up with you on your blog yes? Oh, I miss you!!