Last Friday, I attended the introduction as well as first lesson of the Alpha course with Karen.
It was good. Actually, it felt like a timely refreshment of some-sort on this long spiritual journey with God. Except it's better than a mere kit-kat. Cos His love surpasses what I'll ever need.
I must admit that I've been a up-and-down christian for the past 13 years. In fact, I'm truly ashamed to say that a large portion of the downtime was during my long relationship with someone. It wasn't as down as forsaking my faith or any sort, but I sure focused a lot of my energy and committment to this person. No, it wasn't his fault of course! It was just me, the backslider. Yeap.
True enough, getting reconnected with God again for the past 1plus year hasn't been an easy hike. To be honest, I struggle a lot with worldly distractions, my desires, loneliness, and submitting my life. Still am.
Hope this long detour is coming to an end. And I pray that He never cease to guide me in the path He has set. Teach me to be loving and gentle with peoples' hearts. Being me, I think I will resist instructions at times, but you know, even a stubborn sheep would want to go home somday.
Back where he belongs.
No comments:
Post a Comment