Friday, March 10, 2006

I am brokebacked

Dearest JM.
I have read your latest posts through at least three times. Yet, I still feel sad. Blardy hail, I don't know why. And when I do feel this dull pain in my heart, I attempt to think logically... to pace out my thoughts. Things run through my mind.. things such as:

1. Ok you didn't choose to be homosexual
2. It's possible for homosexuals to seek and eventually lead a normal healthy lifestyle
3. It's possible to achieve happpiness as a homosexual
4. They are no less normal than you and I.

Yet, at the back of my little brain.. I feel that:

1. Guys having sex is immoral.
(yes. www.dictionary.com --> Immoral = Contrary to established moral principles.)

I ask myself very often. Am I truly wholeheartedly accepting my gay friends for who they are if I feel that such unnatural relations and acts are against my personal and religious beliefs? Am I just kidding myself? How can I explain why I do feel for these people? Why do I care so much for these people? Why does it bother me if you are gay or not? Why the hell do I feel sad? What's there to be sad about when I see my gay friends having stable relationships and having as great a time as other couples?

Seriously. Just how can I balance and compromise the invisible conflicts of friendship and beliefs within myself? How can I love you without judging you a single bit when I know I deem something as wrong?

Will you love/hate/blame/forgive me if I said that I really love you like before since we were friends in our teens though I secretly often hope that you are not actually gay or will turn straight one day but I comprehend your identity and I know I should not be changing you in anyway but I will never stop praying or hoping for the very best for you in all things regardless if you are gay or not?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aiyoh? why so susak one...
cannot accept then cannot accept loh... aiyoh, christians huh, always so full of guilt.
haha, but it's kinda cool that after so many years, my struggle to be a homo is over. i'm happy as i am and people around me just have to react the way they deem fit.
ok lah... been thinking of this issue way too long. I'm moving on.