Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Evening thoughts



As I grow up, I can't help but feel freaking amazed how everyone possess in-depth knowledge of different things!!! Don't you agree? You're probably good at something I'm absolutely clueless at. Physics, Biology, Childbirth. It's cool this way. How else can I expand my mind in this busy world if not for people? In retrospect, I have benefited much from these individuals around me.


My Cousin
This flippy joker boy has returned from Aussie looking like a surfer dude and now treats me like a finance noob. Look at the "My Wealth Planner" form!! He filled up every damn thing for me. Everything. My name, my birthdate, even to personal questions like whether I was pregnant, my risk profiles, investment experience..etc Q1) I am willing to use ___ % of my available funds for investment. He chose (c) 26%-50%

Who the heck is he to say that?! But he knows me, and he ticks the boxes for my best. Actually, I bet he ticked my form the same way for himself. But you know what? It's so cool. Cos at least I know he's in the know-how of all these financial products. I just started learning all that bullshit but he's already the guru. In just mere one plus year. Genius. However, I'm too much a noob pauper for his liking. He laughed at me saying that it's a joke for him to do financial planning for me cos I don't have money. Hey! I'm debt-ridden! Whadda expect. Anyway, in the end, he didn't change USD for me (i worked it out and figured it was only a 2% profit, err not a lot, not very little) should the ccy goes up again. But he got me into a life insurance which had nice huge coverage that I wanted for mere price of 200SGD monthly. Meaning, I probably don't ever have to take out another life policy later in my life ever. I have been shopping on my own for a suitable plan and I thought this was really good. At least it gives me an idea how I would plan my future small add-ons should I get married or have a family.


My teammates in the company
This comprises V, my manager, and CT, my colleague. They're the gadgets guru. I merely popped a harmless question about CF cards and storage.. and it balloned into a whole 'pawine, you're a gadget noob' talk. I learnt so much today! About the latest notebooks (the specs, price, etc), and of course, the photo storage gadget that I'm gonna buy. Geez, they know every damn thing. Dual CPUs, Apple Hi-Fi, RAM, etc.. you name it, they know it. I'm pathetic. V gave me that "what do you mean you don't know?!" sad look LOL. This is what you get for working in a company full of men. Men who think about computer games and gadgets more than sex. Yeap.


My boss
She's the forex shi-fu. Enough said. My brain is panting so hard, catching up with the Everest amount of knowledge and information coming outta her. Pips, Spread, Fwd Pts, Banks (test me, I know almost every bank now), People (their names.. this industry is all about people), CCY pairs, Rates, NDFs, On-shore, Off-shore.... Even after working 9 freaking months, I'm still a noob. And I'm a noob talking to traders daily about their trading, which sometimes means that my brain has to run faster than your CPU in order not to say anything noobish. Or worse, say something really wrong. Back to my boss, though she's sometimes crazy, impatient as a bull or plain disgustingly demanding.. I can't help but still feel that thing... called admiration.


Okay. That's what I was thinking about in the toilet just now.
Yes, I think a lot when I poo.




You would be lying if you said you don't!

No comments: