Thursday, October 07, 2004

In Retrospect

Hej.

My main motive today is to summarise what has happened in the past few days (Sun-Wed) so that I may one day look back on it and savour these moments with nostalgia.

[ Sunday 03 oct 2004 ]
Went to church 7.30am as usual and found Lionel at the same usual row of pew. I realised I have been attending Glory Presbyterian for about two months now. And I thank God for Lionel, for he has been an honest and supportive friend, my brother-in-christ, and he has lead me to this peaceful santuary where I can find peace and learn more about my religion. We then went to have breakfast at KAP and had a good sunday morning conversation.

We then went separate ways - he went back for a church meeting, and me, home to continue my statistics revision. Time flew by during the afternoon, and the night came. My not-so-good-friend Panic-attack came by for a visit, and turned me into a useless frenzy. I smsed Lionel (and he called to sound me out), and did something stupid - I msn-ed Yang. We exchanged a few lines, but I realised this bad move has inevitably led me to check-mate. Confusion and heartache set in, and I became such a wreck. Wreck. And for the first time in a long time, I said a desperate teary prayer aloud...

[ Monday 04 oct 2004 ]
I woke up from my unrestful sleep at 6.30am, and headed straight to my mathematics again. When was the last time school-work demanded such effort and attention from me? I could not remember. Probably CS1231 or CS1232 Discrete Mathematics I & II. Maths. (read: groan)

3.30pm and my not-so-difficult-but-I-am-unable-to-do test was over and I walked briskly back to my good old lab SOC1-08-HonsLab4, hoping not to run into anybody on the way. Royston was there in lab, and I felt rather comforted at the sight of a good friend. Called hui, and bitched about the test, about my msn-conversation with yang, and felt a little better. Well, can you blame me? I suppressed myself from any unnecessary conversation or complaining prior to the paper in fear of allowing my emotions a chance to ruin my concentration. Now that the test was completed, I had to get some load off my chest. Royston went with me to have lunch (nice guy) and we went back to lab. Had a discussion about some personal stuff with him in a really rational mode. Rational is the word. It's supposedly the state of mind when one is ruled by mostly logic. You know that. Well, I had many thoughts and new revelations in my head.. perhaps I will recall them and deal with it when I feel rational again sometime.

Went out with my friends to town for dinner and a little shopping before going home. For the first time, I wanted to get home before it was late (my definition of late is 12 midnight alone, 2am with friends). I really did. I actually boarded bus 111 (which required me to walk upslope for 10minutes) instead of bus 123 (which sent me literally to my doorstep) because .. why? Because I really wanted to get home.

[ Tue 05 oct 2004 ]
Felt out-of-sorts the entire day.
Highlight of the day? I met Dr. Gary in the elevator in SOC1 and exchanged a few lines with him. I was impressed he remembered my name so clearly, but wait, hear this:

-Ground storey. Lift door opened-
Dr Gary: Pauline, are you still with Gee Young?
Pauline: -softly- No.
Dr Gary: -frowning- Oh, why? Are you seeing someone else?
Pauline: -tried to manage a smile- No.
Pauline: -gave a "well, what can i do" look-
Pauline: Take care, Dr. Gary.
Dr Gary: Yah you too. Bye!

I went home early, and had a nap, before waking up to a normal world.
Normal Pauline again.


[ Wed 06 oct 2004 ]
Very much obsessed with finishing Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. Before all you Dan Brown haters and lovers start your rattling, may I declare that 1) I do not like his style of writing, 2) I totally believe the story is entirely fictional, and 3) I will not buy any of his books anymore (unless he wins the booker prize award. -sacarstic smile-). Halfway through the story now, and can't wait to get done with it.

Went book-hunting around Science, Central, and Hon Sui Sen Memorial Library, and came back to lab with a bountiful harvest of freaking 10 books. I'm elated to have found the materials that I think may be helpful for my resesarch. Felicia came to NUS for tuition today cos there was no way I was going to carry those books to her place and home. I think she enjoyed herself on campus hehe! After which, I headed for Credit Suisse First Boston's recruitment talk. Get real, they are hiring only 7 undergrads/grads. "We want the best of the best" - emphasised twice. Hey, I may not be the best of the best, but I'm not that bad either!! Thinking of being a trader actually...

Highlight of the day?
I got an email from an old friend. Never thought he'll ever email me.
Now, this is what I call an 'unexpected event'.

If you manage to finish reading all THESE above in one shot, I might consider buying you a coffee. No kidding. Drop me a comment, and we'll meet at Spinelli's.Okay? Deal.

No comments: