Friday, November 19, 2004

jag saknar dig, Göteborg...

(I had to blog right now so that I won't forget a wonderful evening that I've had today).

Today is 18 nov 2004, and I was at sverige's ambassador Mr Teppo's residence. Felt rather intimidated when I first got there cos I guess 85% of the people there were swedish and well, and I'm obviously not. But hey, Mr Teppo was such a young gentleman, and he extended a very warm welcome to his place, which was *whistle* a really gorgeous place. (ambassadors are lucky people, aren't they?). But I met Hai Zhou, this girl who was studying at Göteborg Universititet and whom we invited for pizza dinner at Holtermansgatan before, and of course, I also met Lulu, another girl who came down from Uppsala and stayed overnight with us too. She was flirting with all the guys tonight, boy, I didnt know what to say :)

Then Mr Teppo gave a speech (mostly about sverige singapore relations, business, economy and something about an upcoming swedish filmfest in end Feb 2005 (yippeee!!)) and of course a sköl to us and everything just kicked off from there. We had GREAT food (courtesy of his swedish chef.. i still cannot believe he has a chef to cook him swedish food) and great wine as well. I think I drank quite a bit today. Can´t help it... just drink talk drink talk.. donät even realise it. I chatted with a couple of the students studying here in NUS (some brainy stockholm bloke doing mathematics, dude, that guy professes his love for it and i was going duh abt mathematics) and also some students who were from Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (2 really cute and good looking fellows to be exact) and glad to have known two new nice and pretty girls Terese and Karin!!

Oh boy, it was a great evening. I would have gone even if I had a paper tomorrow. To sum up, I realise I miss hearing svenska, I miss looking at all these supermodel looking genes, I miss the changing weather in Göteborg, I miss 4 hour long lectures with crazy lecturer Thomas Falk, I miss my KEX chokclad, I miss shopping like a mother in ICA supermarket, I miss taking tram connections (sometimes without paying keke), I miss the long darkness, the long brightness, the weird daylight saving hour, the window thermometer, John L Pub, I miss the parks, the greenery, the people...God, I miss so much. Guess I´ll have to go back there sometime again. But having my friends, hokkien mee, my spagetti tees, the people I love.. still matters.

Actually, I would really love to get married in Öland, if its possible.. well, maybe one day.

No comments: