Saturday, November 06, 2004

Last lecture

At last... we've come to the "end of the road" (does anyone remember the Boyz to Men song?)

How would you know?
Its when the thought suddenly hits you that "hey! this IS my LAST lecture of my LIFE!". Right smack in the middle of the hour. I'm not sure what to make of it, or how to feel about it. But one thing for sure, I felt slightly sad. Who are you kidding?! I've been waiting for school to finish since the beginning of time and NOW i'm feeling SAD ?! I feel like a moron.

But hey, no more friends-have-kopi-with-you at either 11am, 12noon or 2pm, no more let's go to Co-op to buy some snacks, no more let's drive to play pool at 4pm when we're bored, no more taking silly picture in the lab and stoning for hours. God, why do I even wanted to stop school in the first place?

My prof asked me yesterday evening whether I thought of furthering my studies - and I told him honestly that I had given it some thought. But being the old stubborn unrepentant girl I am, I would probably continue school taking all of the above for granted once again. I realise despite so much shit and obstacles, research can be gratifying sometimes. But I said I would like to go out into the working world to face the crunch of it all, and come back reborned.. if there's a chance, of course. We all know what working does to you and I.

Anyway, Singapore Idol was quite entertaining last night. In my eyes, I think Taufik IS THE BEST right now. Damn, that guy is musical and he's so smooth and good with expressing his feelings through his voice. Olinda and Slyvester comes close. So vote "1" to I-D-O-L-S please!

Prof said my first draft was pretty good, I felt relieved and pleased. After all, I have put in unmeasurable amount of effort into it. Really want to improve on the organization of the entire thesis and write something logical and useful in the last part. So its work again today for me. How about you?

No comments: