Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Quote from SLACKERS

I was slacking after a nice lunch (wanton noodles with egg) and reading webcomics when I came across an entry which made me stopped laughing and giggling (apart from the stares of neighbouring muggers). It went like this:

"The saddest news is about Esther's condition. She is already brain dead and thus medically dead. But her heart still beats. I've been told that brain death eventually leads to complete death, and there's a very slim chance a miracle might happen.

So initially I didn't want to post a comic or write anything. But I guess I had something to say, which is that life is full of ups and downs, like a roller coaster. And that's what makes life worth living. I wouldn't want my life to be a stagnant merry-go-round, boring and tasteless. I want to live the highest of highs and lowest of lows. And also that life's just too short. Too short to be angry. Too short to be miserable. Too short to be serious. This is my personal mantra: dream like you live forever, live like you die today. "

- By MG (from http://www.slackerscomic.com/index.php?strip_id=31)

After viewing his comics and reading his entries, I think he is one interesting guy I would like to run into someday (you see, I wrote "run into" instead of "meet" because I like the idea of running into him by chance instead of some deliberate bumping into him kinda thing). Yeah.

Anyway, back to the quote above, I hope you identify with what he said. Well, one thing for sure, I did and yeah, life's too short. YP said i'm more than a quarter through my life should I live to a ripe old age of 92. YEAH! That statement came as slightly shocking. I was thinking "man, has it been that long ALREADY?" The answer is Yes. I've trudged through 6 years of elementary school, 4 years of high school(damn River Valley), 2 years of pre-university(God bless Hwa Chong) and now, 4.5 of college (university). Basic mathematics tells me that I've had enough school. And SOC had to send me a mail asking me to join a double-masters-degree with Georgia Tech?? Blardy crazy. Actually.. that would be nice, but no thanks, its time for me to move onto something else.

Damn, now you know how old I am. But hey, what the hell..

No comments: