Friday, November 12, 2004

My cherie amour

Happy Deepavali, dear friends!

How was your day?
I'm very proud to say my day was absolutely fruitful. Guess its been a long time since I could accomplish so much in a day. Its scary how when a person has strong motivation, the drive to see through different things can be so frightening. Look, a man can even bear to sacrifice or kill himself for some cause (eg. terrorists). So, it shouldn't have taken so much for me to do 3 months worth of house chores, laundry and cleaning actually... What makes you wanna do tons of housechores? Money? Love? or Anger?

So I'm back to singing again. I'm very very rusty. Even sight-reading has deteriorated a little. More so than usual today too. I wonder why.. was I too tired after all the tough labour? It felt terrible cos I just couldn't seem to catch my notes today... all the major 2nds and minor 2nds were throwing me off like nothing. Tone deaf or something. Damn. Okay, so I'm singing with Upbeat for 2 sessions at Esplanade in December. Please come and watch okay? Its gonna be good, thats for sure.

Arafat passed away today, I wonder what will happen next... who's gonna take over the leadership? More peaceful resolutions or bloody war? If you're still in the US Election mood, check out this page "Sorry Everybody" - photos and words from many US citizens, APOLOGISING (take that!) for Bush getting re-elected again. Why apologise? They are the ones who will have to bear the brute of this outcome... sorry man, I am just pessimistic about the Bush administration. Though I don't live in the States, but its evident that fellow is playing his political game. 9/11 --> Find Osama --> Bomb Afganistan --> Overthrow Taliban rule --> Existence of WMDs (what? out of nowhere) --> Invade Iraq --> Death of countless civilians and marines --> Controlling oil and keeping many troops in Iraq --> Found no WMDs (blaming intelligence.. that's an easy way out, Bush) --> Insist that war was the correct thing --> now what? All these are just don't fit into the equation correctly. People of United States are receiving the wrong msgs about situations because their media just isn't giving them the full picture, I feel. And those people whom have never stepped out of USA.... they must think that US is the best place to be on earth, where they can truly be "free"...

Sorry, got too carried away with the US thangy.

So what's up man? It's november!
Time passes so quickly. No wonder Shakespeare says "Life is like a brief candle.."

Or do you beg to differ?

1 comment:

sunflowr said...

I totally agree with you. And Bush doesn't really care anyway. Since he can't be re-elected again 4 years down the road, he's leaving the next president to clean up his mess. Either he's short sighted or he bloody doesn't give a damn about the next generation.