Sunday, November 07, 2004

Lörsdag

God morgon!

It's Saturday. You and I both lived through either a fantastic or horrific Friday. Ah, we all deserve a beer and some crackers. Haha.

Yesterday was such an interesting day. My prof and I had a slightly more than 1 hour meeting about my analysis results and still... there are some problems, but now I have to argue my way through. To my reviewer Dr Xu and Dr Yeo of course.. and that means hell literally. Dr Xu is like the God of Methodology and Statistics in Computer Science here. I better start lighting my joss sticks.

Then, I went to the 'French Table' ! It's a gathering of people who speaks french weekly at MM (Munchies Monkies or something) and they are such great people! Got to know of this from my lab mate Yang Kai - he speaks french like a true French. That guy is a genius. And did I mention his girlfriend is French and a REALLY gorgeous looking french girl? (got to know each other while he was there for 6 months). Where is my swedish hunk?!? *wails*

So I got to know this guy named Yoann, we had some good chat and they invited me to go ice-skating on Wednesday. I told them my attempts to skate in Sweden during winter was .. *shakes head*. But I guess I could give it a try again on Wednesday if its on. Oh by the way, I also met Eric from Kent Ridge B-blk. And it'll be nice to go out with him and SeahKai someday for some food and drinks.

Went home early yesterday and my prof called me on my phone cos he couldn't see me online on MSN (you see, my prof is quite a young guy, very tech savvy... yes... in fact, his msn version is a VERY cool one with big pictures and other extra stuff. Korean release eh?). Great news, through his networks and great contacts, he found a current version of licensed PLS beta version for me. Results were much better and turned out to be exactly what he guessed it would (my previous version of PLS software was terribly bugged, apparently). Shit, he's quite a genius seriously.... very experienced. Quite in awe of him after this incident.

So here I am on this beautiful saturday morning. Det är väder mycket fin! (translates to the weather is so fine!). And I have to somehow by hook or by crook finish my thesis today including the corrections my prof proposed. So that I can go out and paint the town RED tonight with my friends!! Whoohoo!! Jazz at Southbrigde! Can't wait!



Bring on the thesis! First.

No comments: