Thursday, March 31, 2005

Franjipani Recital

Hello people,
I'm playing for a recital in 2 weeks time.. its a privately organised recital.






Food for the Soul @ Franjipani

16 April 2005 (Saturday)
7-8pm Dinner, 8-10pm Recital
Franjipani @ La Suisse
2 Swiss View
(near The British Club)

$20 Dress code is smart casual





An evening interspersed with piano recitals, gourmet food, fine wines and fabulous interaction amongst friends.



How did I get involved? Well, it was Lionel who got me into it. Lionel is a long-time friend from high school. We met in the most interesting way, he was in my neighbour class, and we both separately knew this girl called Mitra (yes, another very good pianist). So, she told me to look for him in my school, and I did. Anyway, we got into the same class in 3rd year and we were both in the Singapore Youth Orchestra together. Playing together was kinda like a pastime for both of us in the past. And we did perform together a few times. We're both attending Glory Presbyterian Church now too.

Anyway, he asked me a month ago if I would be interested to play in a home recital thingy. So, i thought "why not?" I was just praying to God about something related, and there you go. He answered my prayer. Strangely, the supposedly intimate home recital gathering has morphed into a expensive ticketed recital coupled with cuisine served. Don't ask me why, but honestly, I wish it wasn't like this. Haha. But hey, they're organising it, and I'm just playing my Brahms Intermezzo. So stop your complaining, pauline! Ok, ok..

Is it going to be good?
Well, I hope so. I think my Brahms is going to be okay (yes!). I started practising seriously and I thought it sounded quite hmm nice today. But as you know, I'm never satisfied with myself.. ever!! Be contented, paul!!! Perhaps. But I really want to feel Brahms in my veins, if you know what I mean.

I haven't gone crazy. Just so moved by the music.

Okay, if you're interested, email me!





No comments: