Monday, March 07, 2005

Risen

Hey! I'm back!

Got my new PC assembled at last just over the weekend, and its running like the finest horse in England. Credit goes to my new friend and mentor - Shi Xiang! We went shopping for all the parts and assembled in my home, with him instructing and me fiddling with the screwdriver. "Brute force!" "Yes sir... " Damn, didn't know the screwdriver was that easy to use. Now that I've mentioned him, I should write a little about him (yes, I might wanna recall this when I am 80).

Shi Xiang is Yenmei's (my housemate) JC classmate. Yes, its RJC. Heard from Yenmei he's a gifted kid. Well, I couldn't really tell.. I mean, my elder brother was gifted too but erm people don't manifest their brainy-ness so outwardly I suppose. Scholar, MIT and everything.. sounds pretty impressive but he never bothered to assert those facts. Maybe that's the reason why I want to write about him. Prior to meeting him on Saturday, I couldn't help forming a preconception and pre-impression of who he is and how he's like - yenmei raves about her engaging intellectual conversations with him over lunch and she seems totally infatuated with him.. - but well, I'm afraid I am not so taken by him. And saying that, I realise I am seldom drawn to those smart alecs who study a lot, who are risk-adverse and who are ungroovy (well, they usually are ungroovy.. what do you expect? how groovy can you get with encyclopedias?!). That pretty much filters out all the guys in my social circle, isn't it? Dammit. Anyway, back to my new friend Shi Xiang. What can I say - a humble, very "safe" kind of guy, knowledgable, extremely helpful and a one true polite gentleman. Any takers? I can introduce, you know.

Back to my computer.

Specifications :
- AMD Athlon 64 2800
- Gigabyte K8VT800M
- Hitachi 80GB HDD SATA
- Corsair DDR 400 PC3200 - CL2.5 512 MB
- ATi Radeon 9600
- Sony DRU-720A DVD-RW 16X+/- dual layer 4X
- Panasonic 1.44MB FDD
- Philips 17" 170S5FB LCD

How's that?

Ooh, I wanna hug my computer. It's like my hubby.
Well, at least until I find a nice guy..

:) cheerios!

No comments: