Thursday, March 10, 2005

Thursday morning

Hello,

*shakes head*

I woke up late today. Freaking 10am. Don't you just hate it when you bio-clock decides to go to China or England? But I'm to blame - was chatting with Jet (my Accenture colleague previously). She's in Paris working on some project, and we were talking about my career options, and a little on personal financing (a subject I've been really quite into these days. Read books, online info and stuff, and doing some stuff such as budgeting and tracking that has been working for me). Jet has been working in the IT industry for more than six years, and she speaks with much experience from her own past. Strangely enough, what she said sort of sank into me through the night, even in my dreams. They made absolute sense, I guess. Thank you Jet, I'll remember your advice.

So I woke up late.
Guess what's the first thing I did when I got up?
I went straight to my motherboard box and took out a software installation CD which I intend to use after brushing my teeth. I'm beginning to think, perhaps an IT job wouldn't be too bad.

Then I decided that I will finally check my exchange email account, and found that most of the mails were like this - "System Administrator : You have exceeded the limit". As usual, went on to delete all the old M1 softcopy bills, silly nus emails, and i saw this folder "Ziyang". It then occured to me that it was previously named "dearie yangyang" in the past, and I couldn't recall when I changed that. Oh well. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Just a name. Isn't it? Still, I clicked to open the folder and boy, there they were, bytes and bytes of memories sitting there, just sitting there. Out of curiosity, I opened two emails to read, and it all came back to me....

You know, if there's something... something or perhaps somebody I really want to search for, its the old Ziyang. Above many things, I really do miss him. His innocent smile, his honesty, his sincerity, his silly jokes, his conversations, his spontaneity...his realness. But I'm just being silly, am I?

Acceptance, pauline. Acceptance.

No comments: