Just a thought.
Anyway, had a really good day today. The choir (shall not name) sang well, and they were so full of live and energy! Man, awesome! That's what I love to see in kids and young people like them. They sang like they were laughing and rolling around on a green hill.. really awesome.
In the evening, I taught Trpta and Cheryl. These days I'm beginning to watch myself to see if I"m over pushing the kids. And I try really hard to remember that they are just children who cannot see what i see or hear what i hear inside my head. But Trpta is really improving. What makes me happier is that she works awfully hard. Because of her effort, I find myself always working doubly hard when I teach. Today, we were working on her third piece, a rather jazzy one. There I was, really trying to drill into her the 'feel' and rhythm and dynamics.. and we had a fun time stumbling around with our duets (we play one hand each) and me demo-ing the damn piece.. and suddenly she said amid her chuckle "you're a good pianist". Well, I was a little shocked actually. With all the shouting and pushing I do, that was well.. rather unexpected. But with a smile, I replied "you're not bad either" ... and I saw that joy in her eyes.
You know, honestly, teaching is really rewarding. It seriously damn is.
1 comment:
oOoOoo.... I'm jealous!!! =p
Ain't qualified to teach!! Haha.. bOOooooooo!
Post a Comment