Saturday, March 12, 2005

My Funny Valentine

There I was, lying on my good old mattress, with a mask on my face, me staring onto the ceiling and nothing else. You know what would be cool? Having a projector that beams my novels onto the ceiling when I do my mask. Pages after pages. And pages flip when i mutter "next". Oh boy! Yeah right. To be honest, I think I always have a lot of great ideas. Damn, should I start patenting them?

Anyway, as you know (from my previous post that was written an hour ago) I was listening to Symphony 92.4 .... oh well, what a great channel.

I meant to be sarcarstic.

Story is, I was just enjoying the relaxing mask (with my head still throbbing of course), then all of a sudden, good old "My Funny Valentine" was on air. An instrumental version, with the damn violin playing the oh so heart-wrenching melody line. I don't think I ever told anyone this before, but somebody once sang this song to me when I was very sick on the bed. He didn't have the voice of Michy Bubbles, but I can still recall clearly, it was beautiful. Must be one of the best moments in my life, I guess.

You know its a 'best moment' when you remember the exact setting, when you recall the same feeling and when you can still hear the same voice and words. And I guess you know its one of the 'best moments' when though unwillingly, tears still fall from your eyes, knowing it might ruin your mask.

You know its a best moment when you know its never going to leave you, and you'll have to cope with remembering it for the rest of your life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey paul, its been a while since i last read your blog, you've contributed so much a! i was so overwhelmed when i first open your blog, i read from the top all the way to this post, 'my funny valentine', there is only 2 words in my mind, well... one actually...'true, true...', i have to tell it, its a great experience everytime i read your blog, gets me thinking about stuff...haha, you are a great writer, keep up, i will be anticipating more!

sunflowr said...

hey xiang, thanks for dropping by! its great to hear from you. I've been reading your blog too.. hope everything okay? see you around soon!