If you are a frequent reader of my blog, you could very well be familiar with the word "Masterclass" by now. What to do... all musicians do and talk all day are about music, recordings, artists, mentors, fellow singers and of course, masterclasses. Earlier on the bus from Somerset to Ghim Moh, Leslie said that masterclasses are like drugs. We pay a lot of money, happily go for them, and come back feeling like we've learnt a whole lot. Well, there is some truth in the 'learnt a whole lot' but at the back of our mind, we know they're basically things our teachers have been yelling at us... But of course, as humans, we sometimes need a different 'mommy' to go "Listen up, kid" to wake us up. Well, I enjoyed today's masterclass very much.
Got my books from Music Essentials at last today... Leslie paid for them. Hee. But... shit, I am worried. I think I've underestimated the examination I'm about to sit for and overestimated my abilities. Now, I have to find a kind pianist soul who's willing to test me regularly for free or for a small fee. 3 more months to go!
Nice part of the day?
I wore my pretty skirt today, Reuben said I lost weight (thanks R!), and the whole group of us (Thomas, Ae ree, Leslie, Alvin and I) went for food and drinks the very Singaporean-way at a unknown small coffeeshop, with curry puffs and tea-o/milo-peng. It's such joy to just sit down on uneven tables, small plastic stools, and bitch about singers and life with friends (some whom you know well, some whom you don't, and some you know for the first time). Simple joys. Oh of course, I gave Elmo a good dressing down for cutting my call! And for ditching Khar and I on saturday afternoon. But Khar and I had a fabulous fabulous time! It was fantastic. Haha. To be perfectly honest, I think I like gay guys very much. Sigh, they're like perfect boyfriends. So much connection, honesty, laughter and love. Could I ever find a straight one like these? Leave it to God. Btw, on sat during supper at El Dente (which Leslie bought me dinner too! Isn't he sweet?)... both Leslie and Rebecca told me something. Really moved my heart for that 1 second, I felt tears rising to my eyes but of course I didn't cry or anything lar! Esp the way Leslie said it. Hundred percent sincerity. And so I believe him. And more importantly, I trust God to know what He's doing. I just pray for the grace and faith to accept what He has in store for me, and that He may prepare my heart for the joys and tribulations to come in life. I want to live in God's promise and in His assurance that He's with me through it all, through it all.
Shucks. 1am. Gotta go settle my stuff now before sleep.
Goodnight sweetheart!
No comments:
Post a Comment