Monday, May 30, 2005

Contented and Thankful

What a hellava day.

WJ and WC moved into the flat today. I left at 11.40am to meet the girls at city hall but guess what? Mo and qy didn't come! Qy got sister's wedding stuff, fine. Mo?? How can she schedule her accupuncture on this day when our lunch thingy has been decided so long ago? I can't say I'm not pissed. I was!! Whatever. Anyway hui and I ended up at Coffee Club and we had good lunch with bell. Short shopping after that before I had to go home. Speaking of home, we scrubbed the entire living room and kitchen today. Blardy tough. Then we went for dinner downstairs and to IKEA to get some furniture. You know, in a way, this move in signifies some sort of a new beginning for me. I"m gonna trash out things of the past, clean it all off and start anew. Only remaining problem today is spliting the connection. Two computing students at work and still doesn't work?! Argh. I'm gonna try tomorrow again.

So, what about the "contented" and "thankful"?

Well..
I think I've finally finally gotten over the old ziyang.

I also finally faced my fears, my insecurities. I realise the beauty of being single in this world I'm in right now. The circumstances I'm in. After talking to peiling, being with my care group, reading and thinking, i guess you could say I'm happy with who I am and with what I have. How? For one, I appreciate the time I have now - I can do so many things I've always wanted to do. I'm okay with being not having a 9-5am job at the moment and taking whatever time required to seek one. No, I do not feel bad not having one at the moment. Neither will my future job title/type/nature represent the type of person I am inside. I finally no longer envy people who have their significant others because I know I myself have so much to learn, so much to improve. What's more, I have yet to meet a man of suitable maturity, of similar communication and intellectual wavelength. I trust God is training me meanwhile and who knows, my future husband is undergoing his training too so that we may be ready for one another. Most importantly, I see the world today and its beautiful. Don't you think so?

I'm excited about the future. I have my worries too. But I have the confidence God is with me as He unveils my path according to His plan.

I'm contented. Yes I am. And I'm thankful for all that I have.
Goodnight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey paul,

I am really sorry about sunday. I felt quite cheated on sunday too, coz i spent a lot of time waiting and waiting at my sis' place. :( Anyway, just want to let u know im genuinely sorry that i din turn up.

qy

sunflowr said...

yo yan, thanks for bitching with me on the phone just now (although i was washing the toilet). I wasn't mad about sunday lar. But see you this sunday ok, otherwise i come to your house to hoot you! ;) luv.

Anonymous said...

=D congrats paul! on tt celebration to singlehood~ and hoh...the previous entry...the photos so cute!!! heehee...got matrix/kampong (apply accordingly) flavour...heehee...

sunflowr said...

yo eupsie thanks man... cheers! how's everything going for you in swissy?

Anonymous said...

hey paul,

Just wanna let you know i didnt purposely schedule the acu appt on sunday. My physician's not at the clinic everyday. And I have been going back for regular follow up the past sundays. i'm a little upset that you think you guys don't mean a thing to me. I haven't seen Belle for a long time, and qy too. I was excited about our lunch date. But my leg's been pretty bad these days, and last sunday it was beginning to rot. Haven't been sleeping well, can't wear proper closed toe shoes (which means cant go jogging, or gym, can't swim etc), it's making me feel blue. I've been going to the accupuncturist at least once a week for the past few weeks (sometimes three times a week), and my condition is still unstable. Sometimes I don't feel like going for treatment anymore. It's painful to be hammered by the tenderiser thingy everytime. It hurts.. Ok I really should stop whining... I just wanna say I'm sorry I had to miss our date. It wasn't intentional.
-Mo

sunflowr said...

hi mo, its okay.. its just my blog! I was just writing whatever I felt at that point of time, and no, i'm not angry anymore.. actually, i was only pissed off for like 10minutes. I understand about your foot, and its okay.. we can always meet up again, right? :)